ORG and Biogas meeting focusing on regulations and operations with site visit to GENeco.
The Organics Recycling Group and the Biogas Group will be hosting a joint meeting at GENeco’s site at Avonmouth on the 28th September, combining it with a site visit. Our thanks are extended to GENeco for allowing members to visit this unique treatment facility. The meeting will mainly provide members with an update on regulatory and operational issues. A biogas meeting more focused on policy is also in the process of being organised.
This organics treatment site specialises in dealing with difficult to treat biodegradable waste streams, such as grit and screenings through their uniqueCompAer aerobic composting process. The output from this process is a Compost Like Product (CLO) which is used for land restoration projects. In addition, there will be an opportunity for attendees to visit the GENeco AD and Biomethane plant with its de-packaging facility.
As with all sector group meetings there will be a number of presentations from the REA, covering relevant sector topics for both AD and composting, particularly focused on operations and regulatory issues.
Please book your place by email using this link at the earliest, as places will be limited. For those wishing to walk around the site, please be advised that PPE will be required, including a Hi-vis jacket and safety boots.
10:00 Registration and Coffee
- Minutes from the last ORG and Biogas meeting as relevant
- Key messages from/to the Policy Board
- Brief updates on policy (as relevant at the time of the meeting)
- Strategic Review of Charges for environmental permitting – EA
- Compost and digestates landspreading issues and update
- Update on the Waste Treatment BREF (best available technique reference document)
- Member operational and regulatory concerns
- Composting specific issues:
- PAS 100 review update
- ‘Say NO to plastics’
14.00 15.30 Facility Tour