REA is running a one day course focused on HACCP planning for AD operators and developers, with focus on digestate safety and quality. HACCP planning is essential to ensure plant design and operation enables the production of digestate products that are safe and fit for purpose.
In addition, HACCP planning is a fundamental requirement of BSI PAS 110 Specification for digested materials. PAS 110 says that Âeach person, whose duties affect the digestate quality shall be trained, instructed and supervised commensurate with those duties, such that he/she is competent. Training shall include the subjects of quality management systems and HACCP, at least for the competent person(s) with overall responsibility for the QMS, who also leads or participates into the HACCP teamÂ.
The course will help delegates to understand how to design and implement a HACCP plan that focuses on the production of safe and fit for purpose digestate. It will be delivered by HACCP expert and RSPH approved trainer Victoria Phillips.
The course is targeted at:
- AD operators that are working toward achieving certification to PAS 110 under the BCS;
- AD operators that are already certified to PAS 110 under the BCS;
- Companies that are designing/building AD plants with the aim of achieving PAS 110 certification at some stage in the future;
- Certification body officers and inspectors;
- EA officers that wish to understand in detail aspects of HACCP;
- Consultants that provide technical advice to AD operators and developers.
10:00 - 10:30 Registration with Tea & Coffee
10:30 - 11:45 Course introduction. What is HACCP?
11:45 - 12:30 HACCP Â The Seven Principles
12.30 - 13:15 Lunch
13:15 - 15:00 Hazards, Control and CCPÂs
15:00 - 15:15 Coffee
15:15 - 17:00 Monitoring, Corrective Actions, Review
Members £250 + VAT
Non Members £325 +VAT
At the end of the training session delegates will be given the option to undertake an assessment (30 minute examination consisting of 20 multiple-choice questions) and, subject to passing the assessment, they will be awarded with a Foundation Certificate in HACCP - Level 2.