Health and Safety training for compost and AD sites
The REA is delighted to be providing a specially developed two-day training course to members (and non-members) on all the essential health and safety information required by managers and supervisors at composting and AD sites.
5-6th July 2017 Ã¯Â¿Â½ Oxfordshire
The course will be held at AgrivertÃ¯Â¿Â½s head office which is located at:
Oxfordshire, OX7 4EB
See MAP for more details
The course is primarily aimed at managers and supervisors and it would also be beneficial to consultants and others working within the biological treatment sector. It supports the HSE's strategy of managing risk well and supporting small employers by giving simple advice so SMEs to know what they have to do.
The course is packed with useful practical information ensuring that attendees leave the course informed not only on their legal obligations but also on what practical steps they can take to make their sites safer and healthier places to work in.
- 13 hours tuition time (over 2 days)
- Nine key elements within the course including:
- Health and safety Foundations
- How to manage health and safety effectively
- General workplace health and safety
- Machinery and other work equipment
- Health risks
- Operational issues
- 1 hour exam (multiple choice) - pass rate 80% which will be taken on day two.
- An assignment (risk assessment) to be returned within 10 working days of the course. It is expected that this would take a maximum of 2 hours to complete. Pass rate of 60%. This element will be set and marked by a qualified assessor.
- Qualification gained: NVQ Level 2 Equivalent.
Cost:REA members: £485pp + VAT for two day course. This includes, all materials, exam marking, refreshments and lunch but not accommodation or evening meal.
Non-members: £595pp + VAT as above
A range of accommodation options are available in Chipping Norton and surrounding area.
The REA is extremely fortunate to have the opportunity to be working with Matthew Lee an OSHCR registered Consultant. Matthew left HSE 5 years ago after 36 years as an operational inspector. During his time with HSE he inspected, and since leaving HSE, has worked with several waste companies undertaking training, auditing and undertaking accident investigations. He has also presented at waste conferences.
His practical knowledge within this sector is of particular value to attendees. His insight will provide delegates more than just the bare essentials often provided on other H&S courses. This is a unique opportunity to improve your understanding of the key issues and your responsibility as either an employee or employer.
To book your place, please contact email@example.com as places are strictly limited to ensure delegates get the most out of the course. Your place will only be secured once payment has been made.
Should you have any further questions of clarity, please contact Jeremy direct