EA publish statistics on environmental performance, pollution incidents and illegal waste.
The Environment Agency have published 2 recent documents regarding environmental performance, pollution incidents and illegal waste.
1 - Regulating the waste industry: 2014 evidence summary
This document shows facts and statistics, updated with 2014 data, about the number of permits the Environment Agency issued to the waste industry, and the amount of waste that was recycled, reused or sent to landfill. It also gives details of environmental consequences including:
- number of serious pollution incidents relating to the waste industry
- the waste industryÂs environmental performance
- facts about illegal waste
2 - Environment Agency statistics on serious pollution incidents in 2014, their impacts on air and water and the sectors responsible.
This document reports on serious pollution incidents in England in 2014. It provides facts and statistics about:
- the number of serious pollution incidents
- impacts of pollution incidents and their sources
- sectors responsible
- action the Environment Agency takes to reduce pollution incidents
- enforcement actions we take when pollution incidents happen
Serious pollution incidents can harm people and the environment as well as damage businesses. To cause or allow pollution is against the law. The Environment Agency provides advice and guidance on pollution prevention and also takes enforcement action if a pollution incident happens.
Become a Member!
Join the Organics Recycling Group at the Renewable Energy Association by clicking below.