REA is running a one day course focused on HACCP planning for AD and compost site operators and developers, with focus on digestate and compost safety and quality. HACCP planning is essential to ensure design of operations enables the production of digestate and compost products that are safe and fit for purpose.
In addition, HACCP planning is a fundamental requirement of BSI PAS 110 Specification for digested materials and key element of the Safety and Quality Control system in PAS100 specification for composted materials. PAS 110 says that Ã¢ÂÂeach person, whose duties affect the digestate quality shall be trained, instructed and supervised commensurate with those duties, such that he/she is competent. Training shall include the subjects of quality management systems and HACCP, at least for the competent person(s) with overall responsibility for the QMS, who also leads or participates into the HACCP team. The course will also cover the new SQCS requirements in PAS100:2018.
The course will help delegates to understand how to design and implement a HACCP plan that focuses on the production of safe and fit for purpose digestate and compost. It will be delivered by HACCP expert and RSPH approved trainer Victoria Phillips.
The course is targeted at:
- AD operators that are working toward achieving certification to PAS 110 under the BCS;
- AD operators that are already certified to PAS 110 under the BCS;
- Composting operators that are working toward achieving certification to PAS 100 under the CCS;
- Composting operators that are already certified to PAS 100 under the CCS;
- Companies that are designing/building AD or composting plants with the aim of achieving PAS 110 or PAS100 certification at some stage in the future;
- Certification body officers and inspectors;
- EA officers that wish to understand in detail aspects of HACCP;
- Consultants that provide technical advice to AD and compost operators and developers.
At the end of the training session delegates will be given the option to undertake an assessment (30 minute examination consisting of 20 multiple-choice questions) and, subject to passing the assessment, they will be awarded with a Foundation Certificate in HACCP - Level 2.
10:30 Course introduction and What is HACCP?
11.45 HACCP - The Seven Principles
13:15 Hazards, Control and CCP's
15:15 Monitoring, Corrective Actions, Review
REA Member £250 + VAT
REA Non Member £300 + VAT