Job Opportunity: Technical Manager for Compost and Biofertiliser Certification Schemes Renewable Energy Assurance Ltd
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual passionate about the ethos behind a circular economy and the use of waste-derived products. The Technical Manager will focus on technical aspects of the Compost and Biofertiliser Certification Schemes. Specifically, the Technical Manager will be involved in managing issues and projects relating to compost and digestate analytical testing, and liaising with laboratories and auditors. This position is within a friendly, dynamic team and will allow the candidate to further develop their professional skills. Continuous training and mentoring will be provided.
Key work areas shall include:
- Managing issues relating to the appointment and performance monitoring of laboratories testing compost and digestate under the schemes.
- Managing the tests database, undertaking data analysis, and providing input into scheme reports.
- Updating scheme documents related to compost and digestate testing.
- Arranging regular stakeholder meetings including the Technical Working Group.
- Actively engaging with the industry and stakeholder groups.
The successful candidate will also support the development projects in other areas of the certification schemes on a required basis.
Desirable Qualifications & Skills:
- Appropriate degree in environmental sciences, microbiology, chemistry or other related discipline.
- At least one years’ experience in a relevant field.
- Understanding of the organics recycling sector including composting and AD.
- IT packages including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- Ability to accurately analyse large sets of data.
- Well organised and able to prioritise own workload.
- Competent and efficient report writing skills.
- Strong team member.
This is a full-time position offered on a twelve-month contract. It is based in Central London but occasional travel, including site visits, will be required. Company benefits include 25 days annual leave, company pension scheme and access to the cycle to work scheme and annual travel card scheme. The salary range is £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience.
REAL’s Compost and Biofertiliser Certification Schemes
Composting and Anaerobic Digestion (AD) are key parts of the circular economy. Renewable Energy Assurance Ltd (REAL), through administration of Compost and Biofertiliser Certification Schemes, plays a role in both the composting and AD industries. We support businesses to maximise the value of operator’s processes while contributing to the mitigation of climate change and promoting production of waste-derived products. Certified composts and digestate products are widely used in the UK mainly as organic fertilisers, but also in the production of peat-free growing media. Testing of compost and digestate is a vital step towards ensuring the production of safe and high quality materials. It is also a requirement of the standards our schemes are aligned to; PAS100 and PAS110.
Candidates should apply by providing a CV and a covering letter to Justyna Staff, using the contact details below. The deadline for applications is close of play on 15th November 2017.
For further information, please visit www.qualitycompost.org.uk, www.biofertiliser.org.uk, and www.renewableenergyassurance.org.uk.
For any queries and to apply, please contact Justyna Staff Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 0207 981 0875
Published: 25th October 2017.