Are you up to standard? Understanding PAS100 in full
Location: Eversheds, Bridgewater Place, Water Lane, Leeds, LS11 5DR.
Calling all composters....... Is your PAS100 training up to date? The Organics Recycling Group is running a one day course focused on the PAS 100 and REAL Compost Certification Scheme.
The course is targeted at the composterÂs personnel who are involved in the establishment implementaion, maintenance and improvement of the PAS 100 quality management system.
Staff best suited to attend this course include those who are:
- responsible for monitoring and controlling the composting process;
- responsible for product preparation;
- responsible for dispatching/selling the compost product/s;
- who has the overall responsibility of the PAS 100 QMS;
- site operatives who carry out inspections on the input material deliveries.
- In addition, the course is also open to anyone else who is interested in understand the detailed requirements of PAS 100 and REAL Compost Certification Scheme.
The course contents will include:
- Intro, drivers, end of waste, importance of fit for purpose, intro to Compost Quality Protocol.
- The principles of PAS 100
- Baseline minimum and customer requirements
- Quality management system
- Dealing with non-conforming batches
- Hazard recognition and minimisation, setting critical control points and critical limits
- Input materials
- Record keeping
- Sampling and lab analysis
- What to do in the event of test failures
- Compost quality protocol
- Storage, Labelling and dispatch
- How the certification scheme works
- CCS scheme rules