Organics Recycling Scotland Conference - Going round in Circles
The 11th Annual Scottish Conference, Exhibition and Dinner will be held on 24th November 2015 in the Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort, Cumbernauld.
Scotland’s premier organics recycling conference is essential for anyone affiliated to the organics recycling sector and brings together the sector to debate and interact with peers and key decision makers. The conference focuses on how organics recycling can contribute to the circular economy, what the challenges are and where there are opportunities. The day includes a big panel debate which will cover hot topic revelant to organics recycling industry.
- Top class speakers
- Get the latest information and findings
- Big panel debate
- Supporting exhibition
- Discover the diversity of organics recycling
- Networking opportunities
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Organics recycling sector
- Local authorities
- Waste management companies
- AD operators
- Food waste collectors
- Industry consultants
- Farmers looking to diversify into AD
The conference dinner is the evening before the conference, 23rd November in the Westerwood Hotel. There will be a 3 course dinner with wine and plenty opportunity to network with other delegates. Tickets can be booked individually or whole tables. Please get in touch if you need more information.
REA Members £180
Additional member from the same organisation £125
REA Non Members £270
Community groups and registered charities £65
Conference Dinner on 23rd November £45
Please note these prices are excluding VAT
Sponsorship and Exhibitor opportunities from £320 per stand, please contact Jenny (email@example.com) to discuss.
To book please click HERE
LIMITED PLACES AVAILABLE SO PLEASE BOOK EARLY
Chairman Mr Grant Keenan, Chairman, REA Organics Recycling Group: Scotland
- Gabby Pieraccini, Scottish Government - Scotland’s circular economy programme
- Alison McKinnie and Michelle Mitchell, Zero Waste Scotland - Update from Zero Waste Scotland and summary of work on compost and digestate quality
- Nicki Souter, Nicki Souter Associates - Quality Counts for food recycling
- Fiona Donaldson, Scottish Environment Protection Agency - Regulatory Reform and best available techniques (BAT) for organic recycling
- Robin Szmidt, Target Renewables - Integrating AD into vegetable production - A case study
- Audrey Litterick, Earthcare Technical - DC Agri - Conclusions from 4 year national field experiments
- Alasdair Meldrum, Albion Environmental - Scottish Waste Industry Training, Competency, Heath and Safety forum
- Jeremy Jacobs and Jenny Grant, REA - Making the most of your membership
- Big panel debate
Venue Info and Directions
Rooms are available in the Westerwood Hotel for £82 B&B, please call 01236 457171 to book and quote the ORG Conference.
Travelling from the south and Glasgow:
Join the M74 and take the M73, following signs for Stirling. Join the M80 following signs to Stirling. Take junction 6 signposted for Cumbernauld and Castlecary. At the roundabout take the first exit. At the next roundabout take the right hand turn into St Andrews Drive.
Travelling from Edinburgh:
Follow signs for the M9. Join the motorway and follow signs for Glasgow until you reach the Glasgow/Carlisle exit on the M876. The road joins the M80 towards Glasgow. Taking junction 6 signposted Cumbernauld and Castlecary, keep in the right-hand lane. At the traffic lights take a right. At the roundabout take the second exit and at the next roundabout take the right hand exit to St Andrew's Drive.
Cumbernauld Airfield is situated 2 miles from The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort.
Travelling from Stirling:
Exit the M80 and take the exit towards Eastfield/Warpark/Dullatur. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Castlecary/B816. Turn right onto A8011. At Old Inns Roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Eastfield Rd. Turn left to stay on Eastfield Rd. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto St. Andrews Drive and the hotel will be on your right.
Nearest train stations:
Croy train station - 5 miles
Glasgow Central - 15 miles
Cumbernauld - 5 minutes by car
Glasgow Airport - 25 miles
Edinburgh Airport - 31 miles
Become a Member!
Join the Organics Recycling Group at the Renewable Energy Association by clicking below.